Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Emtih's Journal

It was a restless night for me.

I have a recurring nightmare that dun seem to ever go away.

The night after the massacre all those years ago, the hobgoblins had for the most part gone pick'd themselves up and had moved on towards some other settlements in the area. They loot'd, plunder'd, and butcher'd their way through the Witchwoods heading towards the human settlements.

I came across one of these settlements while I was trying to find the rest of my family. The hobgoblins had 'parently taken their time in killin' the people of this particular settlement, their faces were all twisted an' contorted in awful, terrible ways. I guessed that the hobgoblins had tortured them. Probably just for fun.

There was this young human man tho'. He was wandering around the dead bodies picking through them, lookin' for stuff the hobgoblins may have left. At first, I felt relieved to see another survivor and ran over to him. He started screaming at me an' waving this fancy longsword all about thinkin' I was going to steal the stuff he had looted from other dead bodies.

It was then that I saw a pendant hanging around his neck. I knew the pendant because it belonged to my sister, it was a gift for her from my parents when she turned 10. When I asked him about the pendant he said that he found it on some young 'long-ear' and pointed me in the direction. I ran as fast as I could towards where he pointed and found what must have b'n a refugee convoy. Hobgoblins had attack'd it and kill'd pretty much everyone, including my mother and brothers, but I found my sis barely alive hidd'n under a cart. I tried everything to save her, but I was too late and she had lost too much blood.

As she slipped from this life onto whatev'r lies beyond my grief turned to rage. I was angry at the hobgoblins fer killin' my family, angry at the soldiers who assur'd us we were safe in Cendrianne, and angry at that young human for stealing my sister's jewellry and leavin' her to die. The hobgoblins were gone, the soldiers were dead, but that young man couldn't be far away I figur'd.

It didn't take me long to find him. An' when I left him, his screams for mercy still lingerin' in my eardrums, he looked worse than those elves I found at the settlement. The only things I took were his fancy longsword and my sister's pendant, both of which I still carry on me.

I've had nightmares about it ev'r since.

We found a human soldier who was tortured to death by the hobgoblins today. He was one of the seven we were suppos'd to be rescuin' but we also found two others alive an' well. They were hidd'n in this crypt guarded by these spider things and a whole pack of hobgoblins. We then set off and attacked another room filled with hobgoblins.

And did well today, blasting a number of hobgoblins to teenie bits, and so did magic boy Arnie. He done used his magics to fry a whole number of hobgoblins before I had the chance to fire my arrows. I'm warming up to this Arnie, he may have funny ideas about the world, but I hope he makes it through this alright.

-Emtih Tnod, 15 Freyja

No comments:

Post a Comment